WILD MUSHROOM TORTELLINI
1 egg to 100g flour per person
Create a well in a mound of flour on your work surface, pour in your egg and slowly work the flour into the egg until you form a shaggy dough. Knead the dough until it comes together, wrap it in plastic wrap and keep it in
the fridge to rest.
Mushroom duxelles Ingredients
4 cloves of garlic
500g mixed mushrooms
Sauté your onions, garlic and thyme in a pan until translucent; add in your mushrooms finely chopped and cook down until all the moisture
has simmered off.
Let the mixture cool before using.
- When rolling out the fresh pasta, you need to roll it as thin as possible, as pasta increases in size when cooking.
- Once the pasta is rolled into thin sheets, cut out circles using a medium-sized cookie cutter.
- Add a teaspoon of the mushroom duxelle to the centre of each circle; using your finger to outline the dough with egg yolk as “glue” to hold the pasta together; gently fold the dough over the duxelle to form a half-moon shape.
- Use the egg yolk again on one of the points of the half-moon and tuck it under the other side, creating a perfect tortellini.
- In a pot of salted simmering water, cook the tortellini until al dente, about three minutes.
March 22, 2022