PAN ROASTED HARISSA LAMB CHOPS, HERB COUSCOUS & LAMB SAUCE
8 fresh red chillies
1 tsp cayenne pepper
7 red peppers
160g tomato paste
1 pinch saffron
1/2 tsp ground coriander 1/2 tbspn salt Olive oil
- Cut the red pepper into quarters and lay them on a baking tray skin-side up.
- Lightly brush them with olive oil.
- Place them under a hot grill until the skin has slightly blackened (not burnt). Remove from heat and place them in a bowl.
- Cover them with clean film and leave them for an hour. Peel off the skin, place in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients, and blend until you have a smooth paste.
4 cups reduced chicken broth 2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 cups plain couscous
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped chives 1/2 lemon juice chopped rosemary
1 tsp chopped thyme lemon zest
- Bring the first 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the couscous. Cover and remove from the heat and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in parsley and the following 5 ingredients.
- Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
July 19, 2023